Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The mega walks begin!

Yesterday I decided (since I start work at 12.00pm on a Wednesday - at least until my radio course finishes) that it would be a grand opportunity for me to walk to work.  I live in Reservoir and work in Collingwood, so the walk was 13kms.  I put on running shoes and set off around 10 mins past 9.00am.  It was a humid sticky morning (around 25 degrees) and the rain was off and on (the umbrella almost being more of a hassle than it was worth)  But I headed down High Street with my ipod blaring.  It has only been working off and on lately, and thankfully it was working this particular morning.  It was great heading down High Street (which runs all the way from Reservoir to Westgarth)  I hadn't walked the entire street before so it was good to take note of different cafes and op shops to check out in the future.  Google maps told me it would take me 2.5hrs and it took exactly that.  I was feeling pretty good when I got to work, although my thighs started aching in the arvo and are still a bit stiff now.  I will bike off the stiffness this morning on my way to work.  There were virtually no hills to climb on my walk to work, but me and Anton are planning a trip out to Dandenong at some stage to do the 1000 steps.  Probably after Christmas as the time between now and then is packed full of weekend events.  I plan to walk to work every Wednesday for the next 3 weeks until my radio course finishes.  I start at 12.00pm because I am currently doing a radio course at work which goes from 6.00pm - 9.00pm)  Not sure if I can bring myself to get up at 5.30am for a 9.00am start time after that though!!

Our film fundraiser is this time next week and we are struggling to sell the 20 tickets we need to get the discounted group price.  It's not as easy as I thought it would be and at $160.00 profit between the two of us, hardly seems worth the effort!  It will be a great film though.  I am really looking forward to seeing it.

Me and Anton have a jar we normally put our 'silvers' in, and it has now become Kiliman-JAR-o.  Anton's funny idea of course!  Here's a picture of it:

That's all for now!
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment