Thursday, November 17, 2011

Film fundraiser review and other fundraising ideas

Well, after chasing up people and hounding them to buy tickets to our film fundraiser at Nova screening The First Grader last night, we ended up with 31 attendees.  Not too bad a result, but not a huge amount of cash raised for all the effort involved.  The film was lovely and heartfelt though (if a bit predictable) and a few of my friends walked out sobbing (the pre-screening red wine consumption may or may not have had something to with that!)

My training has taken a back seat this week as I have come down with a horrid headcold so I am dosed up on Codral and hoping it is gone by next week so as I can do another 13km walk to work.  Anton walked 16km home from work on Wednesday and doesn't seem to have endured any of the post-walk crippling muscle pain in his legs that I had (yet!)

Had a phone conference with a lovey lass from Inspired Adventures today about our future fundraising plans.  So far we have come up with:

-Raffle with some ace prizes (hopefully an ipad, a bicycle, a weekend away, a restaurant dinner or two, some boutique beer or wine and a tea gift pack)  This is my wish list anyways and it remains to be seen if I can get some generous businesses to donate.

-African Dance Party in Feb or March featuring some great African bands and dancers, The Real Hot Bitches 80s Dance troupe (I run it!) and the Danceteria DJs Whiskey and Leather have agreed to donate their skills. 

-Quiz night(s) with ace prizes (need to approach some more giving local businesses!)  I reckon we could do 2 - 3 of these before June 2012 with some fun games on the night.

-Wine and cheese evening.  Who doesn't love wine and cheese?  No one.  Nuff said.

So that's a start!

Now to get onto those prizes!

Helen






No comments:

Post a Comment